Urgent care can help when you're too sick to wait for a doctor's appointment but not quite sick enough to go to the emergency room in Berger Hospital. Heading to a quick-care provider can help you get better fast. And using this service instead of the emergency room could save you both time and money.
Berger Health System, we can handle your urgent care needs through an innovative program we call Care Sooner. It's a little different from a traditional walk-in clinic. But it could be the perfect way to handle your urgent-care needs.
The Care Sooner program
Our Care Sooner program allows you to access urgent-care help from our family practice, internal medicine and pediatric providers. Some of our doctors devote the first hour of the day to walk-in, quick care appointments. Others nestle urgent-care appointments between regular medical appointments throughout the day.
These urgent-care appointments are appropriate for:
- Allergy symptoms.
- Common cold symptoms.
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye).
- Ear pain.
- Flu symptoms.
- Sinus symptoms.
- Skin rashes or infections.
- Sore throat.
- Sprains or strains.
- Suture removal.
- Urinary tract infection.
These time slots cannot be used for routine checkups, medication refills and other tasks you might need to complete to handle an ongoing health condition.
Why use Care Sooner?
Urgent care clinics are plentiful in Pickaway County, which means there are many doctors and other healthcare providers who could help you. But we think our urgent-care model offers you benefits that other clinics can't match.
For example, since Care Sooner appointments are made with your doctor, there's less hassle involved. Your doctor will have access to your medical records before your appointment, and notes about your urgent-care appointment can be placed in your file when the appointment is complete.
You'll also be working with a hometown provider that you know and trust. That could give you the comfort you need during a stressful time when you're not feeling well.
Care Sooner appointments can also save you money. You'll be charged your normal office co-pay, which might be significantly less than you'd be asked to pay for an emergency room or urgent care clinic visit.
Talented doctors to meet your quick care needs
These are the doctors that participate in our Care Sooner program. Call them at the numbers listed for more information or to make an appointment. You can also click on their names for more information about where their offices are located.
- Susan Bailey, CNP: acute appointments throughout the day; call 740.420.8030.
- Kristy Blum, MD: acute appointments during the first hour of every day except Friday; call 740.983.2594.
- Donald Fouts, DO: acute appointments throughout the day; call 740.983.3141.
- Anupreet Kaur, MD: acute appointments throughout the day; call 740.420.8422.
- Sanju Mahato, MD: acute appointments throughout the day; call 740.420.8422.
- Melissa Pippin, CNP: acute appointments throughout the day; call 740.420.8422.
- Kevin M. Sellers, MD: acute appointments throughout the day; call 740.420.8030.
- April Tipton, DO: acute appointments throughout the day; call 740.420.8067.
- David McMahon, MD: acute appointments throughout the day; call 614.277.4670.
- Arnold Palmer, DO: acute appointments throughout the day; call 740.420.8422.
- Yadwinder Singh, MD: acute appointments throughout the day; call 740.420.8422.
- Gayle Melnick, DO: acute appointments throughout the day; call 740.420.8632.
- Rishi Verma, MD: acute appointments throughout the day; call 740.420.8632.
You must be an established patient to use the Care Sooner program, but if you've never seen us before, we can help. Call and we can schedule an appointment for you.