Orthopedic and sports medicine
Orthopedic and sports medicine issues can impact almost every bone, joint and tendon in your body. When you're hurt, you can trust the Berger Health System orthopedic and sports medicine team to get you back to living once again.
Our specialized orthopedics program combines diagnostic expertise, innovative treatment and tailored rehabilitation to help you regain mobility and strength as quickly and completely as possible.
From replacing worn-out joints to mending broken bones
Our highly skilled orthopedic surgeons use innovative techniques and procedures to help with a wide variety of medical issues. Here are just a few of the orthopedics and sports medicine services we provide using both conservative and surgical means:
- Hip, knee and shoulder replacements and constructions. Maybe you're a candidate for a total joint replacement surgery. Perhaps you have a torn ACL or meniscus injury in need of repair. Our experts have you covered. Our surgeons perform many joint replacements and revisions due to conditions such as arthritis. And arthroscopic knee or shoulder surgeries are performed with mini tools and cameras during minimally invasive scope procedures.
- Treatment for hand, wrist, shoulder and elbow ailments. Some of the upper-body conditions we diagnose and treat include carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, rotator cuff injuries, bursitis, tendinitis, tennis elbow and cubital tunnel.
- Care for painful foot and ankle issues. These conditions include fractures, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendon injuries, tarsal tunnel syndrome and arthritis.
Getting treated for a bone and joint condition doesn't always mean having surgery. Our surgeons use a conservative approach to your care. But when surgery is the best choice, you will be in capable hands.
Our orthopedics and sports medicine experts also provide many nonsurgical treatments, including:
- Cortisone shots for joint pain and inflammation relief.
- Medical management of arthritis.
- Physical therapy.
Our program features on-site physical therapy, state-of-the art MRI, as well as ultrasound-guided injections.
Meet the orthopedics and sports medicine team
We support our orthopedic doctors with talented and skilled physician assistants and physical therapists. They are:
- James Castillo, PA-C.
- Patrick McSweeney, PT, DPT.
- Dan Terbush, PA-C.