Berger offers a specialized area of diagnosis and treatment involving the entire digestive tract. Specialists provide in-patient and out-patient services for diseases and disorders of the pancreas, liver, gallbladder, esophagus, stomach, small intestine and colon.
Conditions treated at Berger Hospital
- Abdominal pain.
- Acid reflux, heartburn, GERD.
- Barrett's esophagus.
- Belching, bloating, flatulence.
- Biliary tract disorders, gallbladder disorders and gallstone pancreatitis.
- Chronic constipation and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Colon cancer.
- Disorders of malabsorption.
- Esophageal diseases.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease and colitis).
- Liver disease.
- Pancreatic disease and disorder.
- Peptic ulcer disease.
- Colonoscopy (cancer screenings).
- Endoscopy/endoscopic ultrasound.
- Endosonography (EUS).
- Extracorporeal and intraductal lithotripsy.
- Intestinal rehabilitation.
- Liver services.
- Nutrition support and therapy.
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG).
- PEG tube.
In many cases, gastroenterology services are covered by insurance. Please check with your insurance carrier prior to your appointment. Any charges not covered by insurance will be the patient's responsibility.
Most gastroenterology procedures require a script from your physician. For referral for a procedure, contact your primary care physician.