At Berger Health System, we take your feedback seriously. We offer a number of options you can use, should you have a question or concern about the care you've received.
Internal complaint solutions
If you have concerns or suggestions involving patient experience, quality of care or safety while at Berger Health System, please contact any hospital team member, administrator, charge nurse or department manager. You can also contact our:
- Patient Advocate: 740.420.8353.
- Senior Director of Quality: 740.420.8438.
- Chief Executive Officer: 740.420.8466.
State and federal agencies
The Ohio Department of Health also offers a complaint hotline, reachable by:
- Phone: 800.342.0553.
- Email: HCComplaints@odh.ohio.gov.
- Fax: 614.564.2422.
- Mail: Department of Health Complaint Unit, 246 N. High St., Columbus, Ohio 43215.
KEPRO, part of the Quality Improvement Organizations Program through the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, also has a hotline for concerns. Reach them via phone at 855.408.8557.
The Joint Commission
The Joint Commission has a complaints process you can use to report a concern. Contact the commission via:
- Web: jointcommission.org.
- Fax: 630.792.5636.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail: Office of Quality and Patient Safety, The Joint Commission, 1 Renaissance Blvd., Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181.
The Joint Commission also surveys the facilities of Berger Health System on an unannounced basis. These surveys are designed to evaluate Berger's compliance with nationally established standards concerning quality and safety. The results of the surveys help the commission to determine whether, and the condition under which, accreditation should be awarded.