Circle of Caring
Circle of Caring, founded in 1997, is a Faith in Action program. Its mission is to assist the frail and elderly as well as people living with disabilities, and their families, on a casual basis. Circle of Caring provides transportation, handyman chores, yard work, shopping, light housekeeping, friendly visiting in person and by phone, respite care and ramp building. All of these efforts are designed to help enable those served to maintain their independence, dignity and quality of life in their own homes. The services provided by Circle of Caring are coordinated by Berger Health System, with support from local churches and the community at large.
Circle of Caring~Faith in Action Volunteer Program
206 Sharon Road
Mail to address: 600 N. Pickaway St.
Circleville, OH 43113
If you are interested in volunteering, contact Tracy VanHorn at 740.474.7844 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To donate to the Circle of Caring~Faith in Action, please click here or contact the Berger Health Foundation Executive Director, Larry Halm, at 740.420.8087. Please make checks payable to Berger Health Foundation, 600 N. Pickaway St., Circleville, OH 43113. Be sure to indicate that you wish your gift to be used for the Circle of Caring~Faith in Action Program.
When you, or someone you are close to, are facing a terminal illness, it can be overwhelming. The Berger Hospice team understands. Because this level of care is so important, we offer hospice services through a caring team, to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay. We are also the only non-profit hospice organization in Pickaway County, Ohio.
Every member of the Berger Hospice team is dedicated to optimizing the quality of life in the comfort and safety of a home environment, including skilled nursing facilities. This is done through a holistic approach to care, providing medical as well as emotional needs to patient.
Berger Hospice team members include:
- Medical Director
- Registered Nurses
- Social Worker Aides
- Specially Trained Volunteers
- Auxillary Professionals as needed
Berger Hospice services include:
- Pain and symptom management
- Provision and management of medication(s)
- Recommendation and arrangement for medical equipment
- Provision of physical and speech therapy if needed
- Health education and nutrition counseling
- Personal care and companionship
- Hospice services can be provided along with Passport care
- Respite care in the home or in the hospital
- Assistance in connecting with community resources
- Spiritual needs support for any religious preference
- Bereavement support and counseling services
Qualifying for Berger Hospice services
Patients are accepted into the Berger Hospice program regardless of their ability to pay or disability, provided they meet the following criteria:
- The patient has an estimated life expectancy of six months or less.
- The choice to no longer receive curative treatment has been made.
- The patient is a resident of, or near, Pickaway County, Ohio.
- The patient desires to receive care in a home environment, whether that is the patient’s residence or a skilled nursing facility. (Hospice can also care for the patient when they are hospitalized).
- The patient has established a provider to oversee his or her care, whether it be his or her primary provider or the Hospice Medical Director.
- Ultimately, the patient will need to identify a friend or family member as his or her caregiver.
For more information on Berger Hospice, volunteering, or arranging for a Berger Hospice speaker, please call 740.420.7950 or 888.474.3525.
1170 North Court St., Suite B
Circleville, OH 43113
To make a memorial contribution or other gift of tribute, please click here or contact Berger Health Foundation Executive Director, Larry Halm, at 740.420.8087; or you can send your check or money order, made payable to Berger Health Foundation, 600 North Pickaway Street, Circleville, Ohio 43113. Be sure to indicate that you wish your gift to be used for Berger Hospice support and list the name(s) of ther person(s) you would like to memorialize or pay tribute to.